Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Schwepper... wah?

Schweppes finds a touch of magic.

Anticipation of joy proved a strong theme in Australian Advertising last year, with Cadbury's Gorilla and Chocolate Scientist ads and this beautifully captured water balloon ad by Schweppes.

This ad explores a pure and simple moment and shared experience of joy and happiness; wouldn't you love to be a part of that? I love the soft colours of the bar scene and the contrasts to the sharp light of the outdoor scenes; for me this ad is a visual splendour.

Speaking honestly it took a few exposures for me to realise which brand was behind the ad. Perhaps I would make a more direct correlation if it was promoting a digital camera or printer, based on the quality of the visuals.

The sweet, slow love-story emotions are a little lost on me, my relationship with fizzy drinks just doesn't run that deep. 

However, a beautifully shot ad, enjoy!