Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TV advertising impresses // it's the timing that counts.

I must admit that I am loving the TV advertising here in the U.K. Quirky, thoughtful and clever would be my key descriptors for quite a few of the TVCs that I have come across so far. And at this stage, I must say that overall TV advertising does appear to be done better here than in Australia. 

There is a nice pace to the ads, illusion to narrative and the ads themselves don't appear to be intrusive or jumping off the screen yelling at you. They are well-integrated into the viewing experience and appealing to their audience, actually creating a laugh; a sense of enjoyment and viewing pleasure.

A bit of a nod to the media industry regulators here as well, for not allowing over-selling of the media space and the tiring out of our TV advertising, at what can sometimes seem like such short intervals.

What a beautiful and simple thing to enjoy.